Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Joey, SquidChristmas squid, anyone? Funny, the sailor boy here was alone in craving pots of pickled blech. It's very Italian. I remember the horror of seeing one taking up residence in our kitchen sink. A squid, not a sailor, but that would have been fun.
It was a minor trauma when I was a kid, seeing that tennacled lump lounging in the same sink that strained our pasta.
But Grandpa said I didn't havea to eed it. At least I think that's what he said, and nobody smacked me or called me some kind of vegetable when I backed away slowly.
Another myth dispelled: A dead squid will not come to life and spray you with poison ink if you lean in too close. And you're a big baby if you don't lean in too close.

11 comments:

  1. I like squid. :) And octopus too. Just so long as the octopus is cooked, and the squid is fried. Merry Christmas, Jeanna. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you there, Jodi, but when it looks as if it's going to take your seat at the table, I draw the line.
    Hope you had a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, may it soon be over.

    (I still crack up every time I read that comment from you in my blog.)

    I'm with you all the way on this one, by the way. Jodi is SO nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's the pickled part that gets to me, UH.
    Doesn't Jodi look like a pirate in her icon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nasty....do they de-ink them before they cook em?
    The US Marines "Grunts" used to call us Navy guys "Squids" back when I was in the service! Actually they called us "Slimey Squids"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. De-link them (horrified)? What the hell does that mean? I didn't know you were a Navy boy. So is Joey, do you guys like barnacles too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. De-ink.......not de-link?
    You know...so they wont squirt you with their ink when ya eat them!!!!!
    I've probaly got a few parts that ain't been used in a while........yeah....I guess banacles could grow there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. barnacles...dang it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Banana cles. I like that. Now I've got an amusing picture in my head to try to drown out all the holiday bullshit.
    Maybe that and a hammer like a cartoon cat or something.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A pirate?? Hey--I resemble that remark. I need to do something about a new picture. And a hammer. Maybe a picture of me and a hammer, lol. Black and white, heavy shadows, lots of angst--hmmm.

    Happy New Year, Jeanna. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete

No Spam Zone