Sunday, November 25, 2007

Gingerbread House Revisited

This priced to move gingerbread house seems to be the most popular photo in my new flickr candy set (photos added daily), so thought I'd put it up as an inspiration to all those holiday baking over achievers out there. I took the photo at of one of my favorite shops called the Candy Corner in Wisconsin Dells last year. I've yet to see their new Carnival Cravings room or check out the popcorn they started making after Kernel Popcorn's folded. Things aren't the same on Broadway since those water park mega hotels started springing up. May they spring a leak.
The Candy Corner is at the end of all the shops on the main Dells drag under the Glockenspiel in the Bavarian Village. So have a boot and drop by if you're in the neighborhood.
This gingey house may have won some kind of award. Or maybe it was the one next to it. Or maybe I dreamt it. I don't know, it's late.

2 comments:

  1. Goodness! Scrolling through your blog just makes me crave sweet things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again. Thanks for replying on my blog. We have lots of cool sweet stuff here. We don't call stuff candy though, we just say sweets.

    Some South African sweets include: smarties (kinda like M&Ms, jelly tots, Black Cat peanut butter bars, chappies bubblegum, and Chomps. And, of course, the Afrikaans sweet, twisted, syrup-dipped doughnut called a koeksuster.

    ReplyDelete

No Spam Zone